Pokemon Go is a reality game which is free-to-play. The company behind the development and publishing of this location-based augmented game is Niantic. It was developed for Android and iOS devices. Niantic collaborated with Nintendo through Pokemon company in coming up with Pokemon Go and released it in mid-2016 in selected countries. Since it is a freemium game, a player can make in-app purchases for more items in the game. The player’s mobile user’s GPS is used by the game in order to locate, train and capture a Pokemon which are virtual creatures. These creatures can be seen on the screen, giving the impression that the player is in the real world with them in terms of location. Some reviewers were positive while others were negative due to a number of technical issues and concept.
A player creates an account and their own avatars and customizes them as they need. The avatar then displays the geographical location of the player. On the map are Pokemon Gyms and poker stops. A PokeStope gives such items as potions, eggs, berries, and PokeBalls to the player. These items are used to lure another rare and wild Pokemon. Team-based matches are played at the gyms. The movement of the player in the real world is mapped by the movement of the player’s avatar. Wild Pokemon are caught by throwing a Pokeball at them by flicking it towards the Pokemon. After this, the player owns it. The factors that apply in the successful capture include the PokeBall type, timing, and the capture rate. When the player captures a wild Pokemon, he/she is awarded stardust and candies as the in-game currencies. These currencies are used by the player to raise the combat power of a Pokemon. There are a number of in-game activities that a player can earn experience from. With more experience, a player can rise in level thereby unlocking more game features.
The features in Pokemon Go include: • Avatars You can create and customize your own avatar to meet your personal preferences
• PokeStops and Pokemon Gyms PokeStops have the lure modules which the player can use to attract extra rare Pokemon. On the other hand, the gyms serve as the place where king of the hill matches are played
• In-game currencies Stardust and candies are the currencies available for you as a player. They can be used for raising a combat power Pokemon and evolve them
• In-app purchases A player can purchase a variety of items such as PokeBalls, lure modules, incense, lucky eggs and attract Pokemon to a specific place.
• Buddy Pokeman This feature was introduced in September 2016. It allows a player to have a Pokemon with their profile avatar. Hence, the player can get rewards and bonuses depending on the chosen Pokemon type.
• Great for experienced players of go games • It is extremely simple to play • Straightforward connection • It is very affordable • Racking up stardust and hatching eggs is great
• Not very good in the Android platform as it randomly disconnects • Players strain to see the LED outside • Not very specific on the life of the battery • Swapping between the clip and the band requires a screwdriver
Pokemon Go is a great reality game that anyone can find extremely enjoyable. Apart from the few lows above, the game is generally adventurous and is quite engaging.You can also enjoy playing Puzzle and Dragons for PC. Play Pokemon GO on your PC with Bluestacks