Walking War Robots is a free-to-play mobile game that is a third-shooter and features real-time MOBA mode with 6 vs. 6 Player versus Player battles. It can be played on both iOS as well as Android platforms and was developed and published by Pixonic, a Russian mobile game developer. The game allows players to participate as a solo player or play in a group of players. On April 14th, 2014, Walking War Robots was released for iOS and in the year 2015, it was made available for Android users. It runs on the Unity engine and is currently available on Fire OS and Gameroom as well.
Walking War Robots GAMEPLAY AND REVIEW
The battles in the game are like the arena style of battles and involve 6 vs 6 players versus player. In order to complete a round of battle, there is a timer that limits you to roughly five minutes. There is a very fast matchmaking as a player can spend just a few seconds in order to do so. You can play with either humans or bots which kind of look similar. The robots are classified into two teams, allies or enemies. The enemies appear with red colored names while the allies have got blue colored names. The left side of your screen is used for moving around while the right side is for taking shots. To be able to use a specific weapon, you just press the gun. On the other hand, to fire everything, you can press the huge button on your pad.
To move and rotate the camera, you can touch the space that is empty on your screen. However, if you want to shoot and move control the camera simultaneously, you can adjust your aim by holding the button down while looking around. Another feature that you can use is the auto-target. This one helps in locking on and following the targets. There are two ways to win in Walking War Robots. The first one is by killing enemy robots and the other is by capturing the bases in totality. There are a number of beacons that a player can capture. These are scattered across the map. A neutral beacon is white, those that are already captured are blue and the ones controlled by the enemy are red.
Walking War Robots FEATURES TIPS AND TRICKS
• Leagues The game has a league system which is based on your count of trophies. The number of trophies you get is based on your performance. The leagues are 10 in number. Players with the highest trophies are in league 10 and those with the lowest, league 1.
• Maps There are nine maps available in which every new player is placed when they enter the battle. Every map is unique in terms of length, play style and structure.
• Lower priority queue This is a matchmaking tool that is separate. It’s meant for those who either leave while the battle is progressing or remain idle.
• Custom matches This feature allows you to play with specified people. In this feature, you aren’t allowed to play with the public. You also won’t be able to play with players using a different platform from that of yours.
• It’s a portable mech game
• The options for optimization are numerous
• It can be played by many people
• It has issues of play-to-win
• If you use a small screen, the game becomes scrambled
Walking War Robots Mobile game is a fantastic game that anyone should try out. The gameplay is great and offers a good game experience.